Under minimal supervision, plans, organizes and implements psychiatric social work treatment for clients and families. This work includes assessing the psychological needs of patients and families and carrying out interventions such as individual, group, and family therapy consistent with the spirit of evidence-based practices such as motivational interviewing and acceptance and commitment therapy. The work also includes identifying and connecting patients to resources to assist with their ongoing behavioral healthcare.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of crisis intervention and brief and long term therapy processes.
2. Knowledge of patient populations' cultural, religious, ethnic, and social systems in interactions, care planning and education.
3. Knowledge of medical terms, abbreviations, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis and demonstrates this knowledge verbally and in writing.
4. Skill in navigating and documenting within a medical record system.
5. Skill in providing care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
6. Skill in establishing a treatment alliance and engaging the client system in goal setting and prioritizing.
7. Ability to manage the professional relationship including termination.
8. Ability to respond to trauma or psychiatric emergency.
Master's Degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited college or university required.
Two years of full time post Master's Degree social work practice under the supervision of a licensed or equivalently qualified social worker or other DORA approved professional required.
Bilingual Spanish required.
Certificates, Licenses and Registration:
1. Licensed Clinical Social Worker/State of Colorado or Licensed Social Worker/State of Colorado required.
2. Current basic Life Support for Health Care Provider Certification/CPR from the American Heart Association or Red Cross required.
Work Type: Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 3459
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.