Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, the Irrigation Manager is responsible for the maintenance, operation, and upkeep of the irrigation system and pump stations. Victory Ranch is an exclusive golf and recreation club situated between the Wasatch and Uinta mountain ranges in northern Utah. We are seeking a full-time, year round individual but a seasonal opportunity is possible if more desirable for the right person. We are open to two types of candidates - One as an opportunity to be a stepping stone into an AGCS position within Victory Ranch or a like club; The other is an opportunity for an individual that takes pride in "owning" their position as Irrigation Manager, establishing a spot as one of our key managers indefinitely that allows them to establish/create a proper balance and desired work schedule that fits into their lifestyle, all while working within a great team and company.
Essential job duties:
• Perform routine preventative maintenance on the irrigation system and pumps
• Daily monitoring and record keeping of water usage at pump stations
• Operate, program, and troubleshoot field controllers
• Maintain up-to-date inventory of parts and supplies
• Troubleshoot and repair broken pipes, sprinklers, and valves
• Identify turf areas that are too wet or dry, and make adjustments as needed
• Install pipe, wire, valves, and sprinklers as required
• Raise and level sprinklers, valve boxes, and quick couplers
• Other duties as assigned
• 1-2 years of experience in irrigation maintenance, installation, and repair
• Understanding of electrical components and the ability to troubleshoot problems
• Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively
• Strong communication skills a must
Park City is one of the premier ski and snowboarding destinations in the world. In addition to skiing, the area offers an abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities including world class golf, biking, hiking, and fishing.
Working knowledge and understanding of pump stations and golf irrigation components. Experience with Toro sprinklers and satellites a plus.