Under minimum supervision, directs the operations and strategic planning of patients/customers services, human resources and financial management for Clinical Nursing areas. Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the professional and supportive nursing personnel. Regulates activities of the various nursing units, analyzes and evaluates nursing services rendered. Manages resources and provides leadership to accomplish Denver Health Strategic Plan, nursing strategic plan, specific elements of service plans, and supports development and operationalizing Nursing goals. Collaborates effectively with all Nursing peers, Associate Chief Operating Officers, Directors of Service and other key stakeholders. Works collaboratively with the department of safety & quality to ensure regulatory compliance.
This role is responsible for inpatient services, including Women and Children's, Behavioral Health, Critical Care, Acute Care, Emergency Department, and Operating Room.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Communication skills to interact effectively with Denver Health's current service/client base, prospective customers, and all levels of Denver Health management.
2. Ability to perform financial analyses including forecasting, assisting in exploring strategic options and developing creative solutions to complex business issues.
3. Ability to interpret and analyze financial and statistical information.
4. Ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable alternative solutions to a question or problem and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
5. Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
6. Ability to establish, implement and continually update competency/skills checklist for nursing staff.
Computers and Technology
1. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
2. Knowledgeable regarding EPIC.
* Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other related field required.
1. Eight years of nursing experience required.
2. Five years of management experience of a major department required.
* Registered Nurse (Required) * Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) from American Heart Association (Required) * Nurse Executive Advanced BC
Location Administrative Offices
Work Type Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 2909
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.