AIS Healthcare is seeking a full-time AssociateDirector of Pharmacy Services, PIC to join our growing team at our pharmacy location in Dallas, TX or Ridgeland, MS.Due to growth, we are looking to groom the next leader for our pharmacy portfolio. We are looking to develop an Associate Director to ultimately assume a Director role as the need presents within our businesses. Development will include rotation through our pharmacies to learn each pharmacy specialty, operation, systems, regulations and compliance. Experience will also include development through project and people management assignments. This position will require travel.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is interested in using his/her expertise to impact patients’ lives by continuing our tradition of maintaining the highest level of patient safety. The ideal candidate would be someone that thrives in a collaborative environment, champions improvements, and is knowledgeable with USP <797> standards. Preference for knowledge of USP <800> standards and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
The Associate Director of Pharmacy Services, PIC is a licensed professional responsible growing into the next leader for our expanding pharmacy services. Key skills to be developed will be in the area of planning, organizing, leading, and providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of AIS, current pharmacy practice professional standards, and other regulatory entities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy; Master’s or PharmD preferred from an accredited school of pharmacy
· Required licensure as a Pharmacist as granted by the Board of Pharmacy
· Current, unrestricted clinical license
· Current pharmacist licensure in good standing in the state of practice
· Sterile compounding experience in a hospital or infusion pharmacy setting and managing patient care
· Qualifications to perform clinical oversight for services provided
· Experience in direct management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members
· 3 - 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
· 2 years of supervisory experience in a health care setting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
· Provide oversight of clinical decision making aspects of program
· Ensure organizational objective is to have qualified clinicians accountable to the organization for decisions affecting consumers
· Establish safe practices for compounding and therapy handling
Collaborate and communicate with multidisciplinary team members involved in providing services to patients
Engagement in development and oversight of all clinical policies and procedures
· Oversee day to day management of the pharmacy department to ensure that quality products and services are provided to ophthalmic patients
· Direct pharmacy inventory management, prescription compounding, dispensing processes, and supply management and delivery processes
· Supervise direct reports including interviewing, hiring, training, and scheduling
· Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations
· Direct and manage all activities related to accreditation programs
· Direct and coordinate pharmacy in-service programs and ensure ongoing communication among care staff members
· Communicate with patients and medical staff, providing clinical expertise
· Recognize patients’ rights and responsibilities and support them in the performance of job duties; respect patient’s rights to privacy and confidentiality
· Perform other job related duties as required
· Hands-on, "working" manager with solid understanding of sterile compounding, and strong clinical leadership skills
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers.
· Ability to make decisions, solve problems, and work independently with little supervision.
· Demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
· Demonstrate extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Skilled in Microsoft Office products.
Internal Number: 514187
About AIS Healthcare
We advance quality and improve lives throughout the care continuum.
At AIS Healthcare, we go beyond the expected, giving patients and providers more of what they need to thrive. Throughout our targeted drug delivery (TDD), infusion care and ophthalmics divisions, we’re committed to advancing quality in everything we do.
At our state-of-the-art compounding pharmacies, we exceed industry standards to produce medications of the highest quality and sterility. We take extra steps and make extra investments to ensure every person, every process and every protocol puts patient safety first.
Beyond our pharmacies, our skilled nursing staff provides specialized, patient-specific care services to patients across the country. From in-home Ig therapy to TDD pump refills and maintenance, our nurses are trained to do more to provide the care and support patients need.
Throughout the treatment process, we partner with providers to increase efficiency and enhance the care experience for everyone. We offer care coordination and patient engagement, and handle patient onboarding, billing and payment.
We do all this to support patients and empower providers. Because that’s how we’ll make days easier—and lives better.