We are seeking creative, problem-solving, and skilled individuals to join one of the fastest growing teams in our company!
To do this job you need the ability to use mechanical and electrical hand tools and understand construction concepts. Some main responsibilities will include driving a company vehicle to client locations and installing various types of signs. Installers should be able to climb and work at heights in all types of weather, depending on the project. Sign installers need strong communication skills to understand different customer needs and requirements.
• Responsibilities include the safe transport & installation of various interior and exterior illuminated and non-illuminated signs and branding products
• Maintain and operate crane, ladder trucks, forklifts and aerial equipment. Use power/non-power and measurement tools daily
• Safely install various sign types & test light signs. Sign types to include but not limited to channel letters, wall signs, free standing signs, custom signs, directional signs and misc. non-illuminated signs
• Safely install neon, fluorescent, and LED lighting systems
• Properly diagnose and repair all signs listed above, including structural, electric and & aesthetic issues
• Performs on-site stick welding to secure signs & poles
• Works with cement, sand, or sakrete for sign footings
• Lift, load, and unload all supplies and signs up to 100 pounds physically and up to 1,000 pounds with cranes or ladder trucks
• Perform operations, such as rewiring and removing defective parts and installing new parts
• Photograph signs once installed & document work performed
• Installers MUST be able to get a DOT medical card and have a valid and current license with a clean driving record and no restrictions
• A class B license is a plus
• High school or GED diploma
• 2 to 4 years’ sign or construction experience preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate
• Ability to read and interpret drawings as well as a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• Ability to read and interpret various documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and related documentation
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
• Demonstrated ability to work in year round weather conditions
• The ability to work independently and taking responsibility, and work under pressure to maintain schedules with quality work
• Must be mechanical inclined and able to use tools, power equipment and digging equipment
• Occasional overnight travel may be required.
This Job Is: Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Schedule: Monday to Friday | 8 hour shift
Additional Salary Information: DOE
About Allied Electric Sign and Awning
Allied Electric Sign & Awning Co. exists to help all businesses show their brilliance to the world. We are a one-stop shop, with over 28 years of experience in design, fabrication, installation, and service of signs and awnings.