The HSPC (Human Subjects Protection Committee) is RAND’s Institutional Review Board
HSPC Administrator will be responsible for facilitating compliance with policies regarding the use of human subjects by overseeing HSPC (Human Subjects Protection Committee) reviews of research funded by both the government and private sources to promote compliance with ethical, regulatory, legal and institutional guidelines for the protection of human research subjects.
This is a part-time to full-time position with a term of approximately 90 days with the possibility of extending.
Responsibilities of the position will include but are not limited to:
- Process and coordinate HSPC reviews of projects involving human research subjects, beginning with the initial review, and thereafter on at least an annual basis, including amendments, to the projects end.
- Apply knowledge of ethical, regulatory, legal, and institutional guidelines to project reviews.
- Field questions pertaining to human research subjects issues, from researchers as well as HSPC committee members and others. Provide educational outreach to researchers on HSPC issues and topics.
- Research new and emerging human research subject's issues, as well as issues for which there are different interpretations and application, as needed.
- Participates in projects aimed at improving the processes and procedures used by HSPC Committee members and administrative staff.