1. Trusted Advisor responsible for promoting and maintaining McKesson's products, programs and/or services via telephone to current McKesson customers through relationship building. Promote/sell weekly specials, promotions, and new generics. Meet established monthly goals by maintaining current accounts. Detail, negotiate, and sell products and programs to assigned stores. Detail, prebook, and sell products and programs as assigned by management. Gather, validate, and provide competitive market and price information to management.
2. Partner with Outside Sales Managers by increasing sales volume and program compliance through account penetration, as well as providing support in rebate reports, waivers, price comparison and securing new business. SSM communicates with Outside Sales Manager on a weekly basis to discuss territory.
3. Utilizes strategic probing and analyzes multiple market factors such as, price changes, loss of exclusivity notifications, price comparisons, raw material shortages, customer service level, leakage reports, overstocks, OneStop programs changes, to both anticipate/identify customer problems/needs and recommends appropriate solution to assist customers in formulating strategy and direction. Has the ability to creates unique customer contacts by presenting additional valuable information that directly relates to a customer's purchase history outside of marketing-generated campaigns.
4. Uses several systems or applications to perform and document customer interaction. Each system is used to help the ISM manage their customer accounts including SAP, SAP CRM, PEGASUS and Salesforce.com, CV, ERMA, Outlook Office Suite 2016, Cisco and McKessonConnect.
5. Keep up-to-date on industry and product changes by accessing tools and resources such as McKesson Center for Learning, Center for Sales Excellence, FETCH, OneStop Newsletter and Generics Connect Sharepoint, Tableau, Verint, McKesson Connect, MyHealthMart.Com, Actionable Compliance Dashboards and other newsletters
- 2+ years sales, account management or customer service experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills required
- Must be self-motivated
- Demonstrates personal commitment and drive to meet or exceed objectives. - Must be able to identify individual customers' needs and provide solutions based on those needs
- Must have a demonstrated history of leadership within a team environment - Must be a team player and willing to work in a changing environment - Previous sales and/or account management experience required - Proficient in MS Office
- Must not be on any corrective action within the last year
Education/Training - 4 years degree of equivalent experience in customer support
Business Experience -
2+ years customer service experience or account management
Specialized Knowledge/Skills -
2+ years of Inside Sales experience
Excellent time management skills.
Ability to organize and present targeted campaigns to customers over the phone
Demonstrated ability to establish relationships with internal and external customers
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- Pharmaceutical industry experience a big plus - Call center experience a plus - Ability to maintain knowledge of pharmaceutical industry products, trends and processes - Effectively communicate product, price, promotion and procedure information to customers and field sales managers - Participate on cross functional process improvement teams - Capable of understanding and interpreting data to determine customer needs - Self starter that requires little direction - Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment - Ability to analyze communications and manage timelines
-High level of professionalism - Problem solving - Accountability - Customer focused
Flexibility works schedule based on territory: Monday thru Friday, 7:00am - 7:00pm CST
Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) -
General Office Demands
Career Level - IC - Sales - S1
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Internal Number: JR0047005
About McKesson Corporation
We deliver careers with purpose and potential. Our focus on better health starts with creating an inclusive environment with strong values where you can build a fulfilling career. You can count on us to provide you with resources and opportunities to grow and be your best, while contributing to our pursuit of improving lives. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient. We work to distribute medical supplies, bandages, syringes, vials of flu vaccine, and pharmaceutical drugs to help real patients like Jack, an eight-year-old boy battling cancer. We take that job seriously. Together, the work we do is shaping the future of healthcare. If you are passionate about combining a meaningful career with a balanced life, join us on this journey and apply for a job with McKesson today. Every day, McKesson’s employees deliver products to healthcare providers that make a difference in the care and life of a patient.