Administrative Services Banner Ironwood Medical Center is committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the southeast communities of metropolitan Phoenix. Our first patient tower has 47 beds, including eight LDR rooms and can accommodate up to 86 beds when fully equipped. We also feature a full service emergency department, four surgical suites and medical imaging services. With our 80-acre campus, more than 500 beds and supporting health services could be built on our site. This means an exceptional opportunity for you to establish a career where the potential for growth is limitless.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for independently managing the daily operations of a department, function or center. Primary responsibilities include supervising administrative support staff and assisting in the management of an essential department function or process. Other responsibilities include providing administrative and advanced secretarial support when necessary.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supervise daily activities of two (2) or more FTEs administrative support staff to ensure smooth work flow and operation of department. Coordinate team activities and the staff-to-workload ratios to accomplish the most effective use of resources. Conduct all hiring, performance reviews, counseling/disciplinary action and termination of office staff. Manage any human resources/personnel issues for office staff.
2. Overall management of the department which may include, but is not limited to: billing, specialized processes, financial, payroll, contract management, credentialing, licensing, accounts payable, human resources, supply ordering, HIPAA, OSHA, and all state and Federal compliance.
3. Manages an essential department function, process or project which requires a specialized skill set. This may be related to developing/monitoring department budget(s) or to managing some other specialized function.
4. Provides advanced administrative/secretarial support which includes composing correspondence, typing, filing, scheduling meetings and maintaining appropriate databases. May utilizes advanced computer skills/software for word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, documents, reports and presentations.
5. Coordinates and participates in special projects as assigned.
6. Interactions may include, but are not limited to, all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, vendors, community providers and agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a general knowledge of business management and/or healthcare administration as normally obtained through the completion of an associate's degree in business, healthcare administration or related field.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved in three to five years in office management and/or employee supervision, preferably in a healthcare setting. Advanced administrative support experience using computers, spreadsheet, and database software required. Requires project experience related to assigned area (i.e.; budgeting, statistics or other specific process knowledge).
Requires ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Excellent organizational skills, human relations, and communication skills required. May require the ability to manage contract development and review process.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.