In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Research shows that in many cases, patients recover better at home. At Banner Health, we strive to provide the best environment for healing, no matter what. We offer services to our patients where they are most comfortable whenever possible. Out goal is to keep them in a familiar environment to heal and manage chronic conditions or begin new medications.
As the Clinical Services Manager with Banner Health Home Care, you will help oversee the day to day operations of our home care agency including referrals, staffing, and direct reports including nurses and CNA's. A large part of this position will be workflow consisting of approving all orders and locking documents (Oasis/POC). You will have the opportunity to work closely with an incredible team that provides a strong support system for one another.
This position is full time and will be scheduled 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $30.30 - $50. depending on experience and education.
Banner Home Care provides high-quality, compassionate team of professionals who are specially trained in a variety of fields. The care we provide focuses on assisting patients to achieve an optimum level of health and enhancing the quality of life in the home setting for patients. Our home care services are based on a physician's plan of treatment and designed to manage total care. We also educate patients and families to promote an understanding of the disease process, its prevention and treatment.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides supervision and support of clinical operations, staff, and patients. Manages finances and personnel to ensure appropriate allocation of resources in providing quality patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides and facilitates patient centered care and patient flow and serves as a resource to employees for clinical and managerial support. Promotes and participates in interdisciplinary patient care planning and education. Assesses appropriate level of care for patient population. Elevates utilization or care plan issues to leadership as appropriate.
2. Ensures effective use of resources, equipment and supplies. Identifies and adjusts staffing levels needed to meet changing workload projections and provide safe, quality patient care. Ensures smooth and efficient patient care management.
3. Assists with the development of budgets and ensures that targets are met.
4. Serves as a resource to patients, families, physicians, and staff by interpreting policies and facilitating care. Provides departmental leadership by demonstrating effective communication skills, problem solving, and proactive conflict resolution to internal and external customers in situations.
5. Hires, leads, mentors, develops, and evaluates staff in a manner that promotes engagement, productivity, and ensures competencies. Mentors staff to increase clinical skills, critical thinking, problem solving skills and promote retention. Conducts individual and team goal setting, performance planning and evaluation.
6. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of process improvement and quality management activities. Works with staff to make necessary changes.
7. This position facilitates smooth coordination of care to ensure patient care needs are met while maintaining quality standards in a financially responsible manner. Performs work with minimal supervision. Assures efficient operations to meet customer needs. Internal customers include physicians, staff, and management. External customers include patients, families, and surrounding community.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care as normally obtained through the completion of an associate's degree in nursing, health care or related field.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical operations as normally demonstrated through 1-2 years of experience with relevant to patient population. Must have the ability to develop and maintain working relationships with physicians, staff, patients, and families. Knowledge of the requirements of applicable regulatory and accreditation agencies Excellent human relations and communication skills. May require possession of a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Management or supervisory experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.