Location: Boise, Idaho
Looking for a change? Want to join a state-of-the-art program where you have everything at your fingertips to help a patient virtually with their Diabetes? This dynamic team of healthcare professionals are looking for you to join them at St. Luke's Health System in Boise on their Virtual Care Center team. You will be blown away by all the cool technology. Don't wait, apply today...these positions are highly sought after.
This role is not remote and will be located in our Virtual Care Center.
**SIGN ON AND RELOCATION ELIGIBLE FOR NEW HIRES**
Unit/Position SummarySt. Luke's Virtual Care Center connects virtual nurses, hospital medicine and specialty providers to the bedside and in the community. Through collaboration, the team-based model of care enables patients in our hospitals and our communities to have access to specialty resources, when and where they are needed. Our professional caregivers are an essential part of the care team in order to provide the best patient-centered care possible. This role will be educating inpatients with diabetes on diabetes self-management education and skills, such as what is diabetes, how do diabetes medications work, how to inject insulin, how to monitor blood glucose, how to manage diabetes during illness, how to recognize, prevent and treat hypoglycemia. Supports inpatient Providers by providing diabetes survival skills to patients during hospital stay.
Check out our video and FIND YOURSELF HERE:
The Virtual Care Team is located in Boise and the workstation for this role would be on site in the Plaza Building.
Hours: M-F; 0700-1430 APPLY TODAY
- Teaches and provides support to patients based on the specific needs and learning ability of the patient.
- Coordinate the patient education with other disciplines as it relates to the program specialty.
- Review and update patient teaching materials related to the program specialty.
- May Assist patients with developing skills they need to manage their disease through behavior modification.
- Provides comprehensive education to clients who have self-selected the learning opportunity.
- Provides individualized patient teaching and support to patients based on the specific needs and learning ability of the patient.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Nursing Degree (BSN preferred) or Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Experience: 2+ years
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN or RD License in the State of Practice
Why St. Luke's
St. Luke's Health System is Idaho's largest employer and most awarded health system, with a medical staff of over 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. Made up of eight hospitals around central and southern Idaho, we are proud to be the only locally owned and operated, physician-led, not-for-profit health system in the state. St. Luke's has been awarded as one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the country by Merative for nine consecutive years. We are committed to providing high quality patient care and positively impacting the lives of those in our community. St. Luke's enjoys an outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and a superior healthcare organization.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.